Weight loss has always been related to the practice of cardiovascular exercises. And the truth is that a natural association with this type of exercise, you can burn more calories during the day and, therefore, force your body to consume saturated fat as an energy source.
But not everything goes and, if you want to lose weight effectively with your cardio training, it is important that you consider a number of aspects. This is why we discover how to lose weight fast by doing cardio with tricks and tips that will help you make the most of your visits to the gym.
1) Why Is Cardio so Good for You?
Before we talk about how much cardio you have to do, you should at least know what it is and why it is so good for you.
To clarify a bit, cardiovascular exercise simply means that you are doing a rhythmic activity that increases your heart rate and takes it to the Heart Rate Target Zone, which is where you are going to burn fat and calories.
▸ The Benefits of Cardio
- It helps you burn fat and calories, to increase your weight loss.
- It makes your heart strong, so you don’t have to work so hard to pump the blood
- Increase the capacity of your lungs
- It helps reduce the risk of heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- It makes you feel good
- It helps you sleep better
- It helps in reducing stress
And I could keep listing many more benefits, but I think you already got the point.
Even if it’s just a few minutes of cardio, these can give you health benefits – I’m not kidding!
A 5-minute walk outdoors can improve your mood and help you lower your blood pressure, so even a little can help you a lot.
2) Basic Tips to Lose Weight Doing Cardio
If your goal is to lose weight fast doing cardio, you have to know that your training cannot only feed on these exercises. That is, going to the gym and spending an hour doing elliptical can help you lose weight, yes, but you will see a much faster effect if you complement it with a bit of toning.
This is the essential aspect that you have to know since there are many doubts about how to lose weight doing Cardio, and also many myths: In fact, you tend to think that you have to do focused exercises in those parts of the body where it accumulates more fat. “This statement is a myth that most current experts reject: Fat is lost from the whole body when exercising, not from the area in question,” explains Albert Massana, an expert in Physical and Sports Activities and fitness instructor. In addition, you do not need to gain a lot of weight, especially if you are doing Cardio exercises for beginners, but on the contrary; with low weight and 20 repetitions in 3 series you will get results.
3) Which Is Better – Do Cardio at Night or in the Morning?
If you want to lose weight fast doing cardio, we also have to talk about the best time to do your training. This is a very popular debate today and it is that many experts indicate that doing fasting cardio is an ideal practice to lose fat more efficiently.
However, going to exercise on an empty stomach can be very demanding, especially if you are not used to it.
4) How Long Cardio Helps to Lose Weight?
This is another issue that always brings tail and there are many theories about the minimum duration to be able to notice the benefits of cardio in your body and in your silhouette. But the truth is that if you want to lose weight fast doing cardio you will have to spend 30 to 60 minutes performing this type of exercise.
But beware! We are not saying that you have to be 1-hour running but that you can combine faster races with walks, and so on. The important thing: To burn fat doing cardio and lose weight is that you are active for at least 30 minutes so that your body can burn more calories.
In addition to this, if you extend your training to at least 30 minutes you will get your body to activate the post-combustion effect of fat, that is, you can keep the body burning more calories for the next 24 hours. Therefore, you activate the metabolism in a timely manner making the exercise more visible in your body.
5) Intersperse Intensities – The Secret to Losing Weight With Cardio
But if you want to lose weight quickly doing cardio you have to get rid of the myths of cardio that circulate on the Internet and in gyms, and keep in mind that the important thing is that you combine different intensities during exercise. Why? Because the body is a very wise machine and, as soon as you ask for an increase in energy for exercising, he begins to offer it to you as he can but, after some minutes, he has already become accustomed to this new demand and, therefore, it is customary. This reduces the burning of calories and, therefore, of fat.
Therefore, to prevent our body from getting used to the exercise, it is best that you intersperse different intensities. Whether you want to burn abdominal fat doing cardio or looking to lose weight and tone; a good routine to lose weight doing cardio would be as follows:
- 0 to 3 minutes: Walk at a rapid pace
- From 4 to 7 minutes: Start running slowly
- From 8 to 12 minutes: Increase speed
- From 13 to 15 minutes: Do a quick sprint
- From 16 to 18 minutes: Walk again
- From 19 to 22 minutes: Make a quick sprint again
- From 23 to 26 minutes: Slow down but keep running
- From 27 to 29 minutes: Increase speed
- From 30 to 35 minutes: Walk and cool the body
6) For Those Who Exercise at Home
- The exercise videos
- Online training and exercises
- Cellular applications for physical training
- A wide variety of cardiovascular exercises for the house that you can do, such as jumping rope, scissor jumping, jogging in the same place, the combination of several exercises and many more.
7) Some Important Tips to Choose Your Cardiovascular Exercise
- There is no exercise better than cardiovascular exercise. Running is the best option but it doesn’t mean you should do it casually, especially if running makes you feel as your whole body is losing weight. Exercise is also an important part of your daily routine.
- It’s not what you do, it ‘s about how you do it. Any exercise can be a challenge if you want to.
- Do something that you want to do: Or at least something that you can tolerate. If you are just bored with going to workouts in the gym, don’t force yourself to forcefully exercise on a treadmill. If you like to socialize, sports, training, exercise with a friend or a walking in a gym club then don’t waste time making a decision.
- Choose something results achieving with what you see yourself doing at least 3 times a week.
- Be flexible: And don’t be afraid to run away once you feel comfortable with that similar exercise.
After you choose what you want to do, the most important element of your training will now be the frequency with which you do it.
8) How Long Should You Exercise?
- You should not do it all at once. You can divide your workouts into small chunk workouts throughout the day. Try at least 10 minutes of walking, for a good start.
- Add small bursts of cardio as the day starts when climbing stairs or walking quickly.
- Do all those things that you know would be helpful: Use the stairs, walk more, and stop turning in the car to find a position near the main door, among others.
- Give yourself proper time: People who have strong faith in exercise have no more time than those who do not exercise. They have only added exercise as a regular priority. Develop a schedule according to your workouts and treat it like any other appointment that you would not want to miss anymore, which will help you stick to your program.
- Trainer to force you to exercise: Hire a good personal fitness trainer who can make a difference when it comes to struggling, motivation and reaching your goals.
- Do something, that is better than nothing. If you think that giving 5 minutes to exercise is not enough time, you could not be more wrong. Either 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 60 minutes, count every minute.
- Consider yourself towards intensity. The harder you work, the quicker your workouts should be. So, if you are doing proper training or any other type of high-intensity training, then your training should only last 10-20 minutes. If you are doing a static workout, you can exercise for as long as you can, maybe 30-60 minutes.
Feature Image: Unsplash