Treadmill buying guide to help you choose from the top 10 best treadmills in India for home use 2020.
People nowadays have moved to a healthy lifestyle, but because of long working hours, one may not find time to go to the gym or an aerobics session or any other fitness class. Thus, as a resort, people want to start their journey from their home itself.
Treadmills are the first thought; when it comes to a fitness regime. Treadmills or you can say Exercise Running Machines are the first home gym equipment a person thinks of when he or she wants to start his or her fitness regime. Why? Because they are a one-time investment and best option in the long run.
You may want to set up a whole gym at home, want to buy dumbbells and rods and benches, but the exercise running machine is always the first bought fitness machine.
In today’s time, there are a lot of best treadmill brands in India for home use with prices being so competitive that you need to do your research properly. To help you in your research and ease up the process of — How to Choose Treadmill for Home in India?; We have the list ready for you to compare the features and each treadmill’s pros and cons.
You can get the best manual treadmill for running in India and motorized treadmill for home use, but if you want to make an impactful journey up ahead in your fitness routine, we suggest you go for a motorized one.
Check out the stores physically or check out the various websites online–that’s your choice, but do your research properly and take time to decide.
But before you move ahead, we suggest that you go through the treadmill buying guide which helps you further to know — What to look for in a treadmill while buying it?
Why Should You Have a Treadmill at Home?
A treadmill is said to be the best option for a person who wants to be fit but doesn’t have enough time to hit the gym. Foreign research has concluded that treadmills are in fact the most popular fitness gear.
Have you been thinking of being fit, and does a treadmill comes to your mind? Are you wondering about its benefits? Having the best treadmill for home can break down many barriers that one may think of when starting the fitness journey.
We present to you the distinct benefits of the best treadmill in India for home use:
▸ The first and foremost benefit is that the treadmill will be cost-effective in the longer run, saves your gym membership fees. With one machine, many people can use it. Also, saves your gym wear cost, you only need to get into your comfortable lowers.
▸ Use it as per your convenience – whether for 5 minutes or for 30 minutes and longer.
▸ You can personalize your exercising – entertainment experience; watch out on Netflix or plug into your favorite songs.
▸ Increasing the incline helps in shaping your bottom and toning of muscles as well burn more calories. So one action – but 2 results.
▸ It helps in managing your insulin level in type 2 diabetes.
▸ Running on a treadmill reduces the risks of various diseases and health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, insomnia, depression, and breast cancer, to name a few.
▸ The best treadmills in India helps in enhancing joint flexibility.
▸ With the features of the treadmill, you can track your progress and alter your plans accordingly.
Now that you know the benefits of having a treadmill at home, and look forward to buying one for yourself, we have a list of ― Which is the best treadmill in India for home use? With this list, we promise you won’t have to look anywhere else for your research, and what’s more–it won’t take much time of yours to read along.
There are a lot of brands that provide various types of treadmills – manual and motorized. The best treadmill brands for home use in India 2020 are:
Now let’s help you choose the best treadmill to buy in India by sharing the list of best running machines for home.
1) Cosco CMTM FX 77 Treadmill
Cosco is one of the best treadmill manufacturers in India, and you can find great running machines from Cosco. The features of this treadmill are:
- 1.5 HP DC motor
- Comes with 12 pre-set programs
- The display shows a pulse, calories burnt, time, distance, speed, and current body fat level
- Max User Weight the machine can handle is 100Kg
- The maximum speed of the treadmill is 12KPH
- It has an LCD display with a 16*8 dot matrix.
2) Cosco CMTM SX 1122 Motorized Treadmill
One of the best Cosco treadmills in India for home use. The Cosco CMTM SX 1122 features are:
- It is a good option as it has a cushioned deck.
- A larger running area that can be used for running exercise routine.
- Dimensions: 1489x550x1300 mm (LxHxW)
- Max weight support is 100Kg
- The maximum speed can go up to 12KPH
- LED display
- Speed control so handy on the handrail
- Soft drop system for easy folding
3) Kamachi KTM-04 Home Use 2 HP Motorized Multi-Function Treadmill
Kamachi is one such brand that provides the treadmill at the lowest price in India. The features of the Kamachi KTM – 04 treadmill are:
- 6 months warranty on the motor.
- The display of 5” shows time, distance, speed, the number of burnt calories, body fat and also shows your hand pulse.
- 2 HP Motor
- 12 pre-set programs
- Comes with a massager
- Modes can be changed and you can plan your exercise in a structured way.
- Maximum speed in up to 10KPH only
- No inclination available
4) Kamachi Motorized Treadmill With 1.75 HP Motor, Model K 111
Kamachi K 111 Motorised treadmill has many features. They are:
- 1.75 HP continuous motor
- It has a super large display.
- A larger running surface area with dimensions 16 * 50 inches
- Soft drop system to ease up the folding–unfolding
- The peak power is 3.0 HP.
- Maximum speed is 13 KPH
- To ease up the functioning, the power button is on the handlebar along with the speed button.
- Compact in its nature
- The maximum user weight is 110KG, thus making it suitable for heavier workouts.
- It is suitable for all family members.
- It also has a bar locking function.
- It has a manual incline which may interrupt the workout to adjust the incline
- LCD display
- Only 6 programs
5) Fitkit FT098 Motorized Treadmill 1.5 HP (2 HP Peak)
A Fitkit treadmill is one of the best treadmills in India for home. Fitkit FT098 has the following important features:
- The pre-built functions help you track your daily fitness progress by connecting it to the FIT PLUS app available on both IOS and Android.
- There are 12 sets of programs to create a customized fitness routine.
- It has a DC green efficient motor
- The LCD display shows time, speed, the number of calories burned, heart rate, and current mode.
- It also sports USB Port, MP3 Speakers, an Aux port, and a cable to support your entertainment.
- 1-year warranty on both motor and parts
- Can be folded by 90 degrees and transported using wheels
- Can be easily installed by self
- Can support 90Kg of weight
6) Fitkit FT200 Series Motorized Treadmill
This Fitkit treadmill features an energy-saving motor. It is one of the best treadmills in India. The features are:
- This model from Fitkit also has a DC green efficient motor.
- It has 12 pre-set programs and can be connected with the FIT PLUS App.
- Inclines at 15 different levels
- Non-slippery, shock-absorbing running mat keeps the knees protected.
- Suitable for all age groups
- 1-year warranty for both motor and parts
- This machine supports weight up to 11KG as an upgrade.
- It can be easily transported with the help of wheels and it also comes with easy storage.
7) Cockatoo Velocity Steel DC Motorized Treadmill
If you’re still looking for options and thinking which treadmill to buy for home use in India, here’s another treadmill’s features:
- 3-year warranty on the motor with a lifetime on the frame and 1 year’s warranty on parts
- The display shows time, distance, speed, pulse, calorie count, fat measure, and many more
- 1.25 HP Motor
- Maximum user weight can be 100 kg
- 3 levels of inclination that can be adjusted manually
- Maximum speed 12 KPH
- Soft drop system for folding the treadmill easily
- The LCD display, which now is becoming an obsolete technology as well as is harmful to eyes
- Less motor power means you cannot use for running purpose.
- Advised to use a stabilizer
8) PowerMax Fitness TDM-98 (1.75 HP) Motorized Treadmill
If you’re looking for a cheap and best treadmills for home use, then this is one of the best options. The features are:
- Lifetime warranty of the frame with a 3-year warranty on motor
- LED display
- 12 pre-set programs with a heart rate monitor
- It contains the shock absorption system in the belt bed.
- The treadmill has 3 modes that are target based.
- Has a console inbuilt speaker.
- Speed only up to 10Km/H
- Maximum user weight can only be 90 kg
9) PowerMax Fitness TDA-230M (2.0 HP)
This PowerMax treadmill’s reviews are amazing, so compelling that it is one of the most preferred motorized treadmills for home use in India. The features are:
- The belt bed is semi-automatic lubricating.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame with a 3-year warranty on motor
- 15 levels of auto incline which helps in an intense workout.
- 12 pre-set programs which include 3 target based modes.
- The treadmill has a hydraulic soft drop system that assists in easy folding–unfolding.
- Equipped with the dual shock-absorbing spring.
- Value for money machine
- Heavier than compared to other treadmills.
10) PowerMax Fitness TDM-125S Motorized Treadmill
With great features, this one should definitely be considered as the best treadmills to buy in India for home use. The features are:
- 2.0 HP DC green efficient motor
- The manual incline of 3 levels
- 12 pre-set programs with 3 target based modes
- Heart rate monitoring
- The machine also has a crossbar handle for more options of exercising.
- It has a dual spring shock absorption system and prevents injury.
- Has a self-lubrication system as well
- It comes with an LCD display, which also is smaller in size.
Now that you’ve got a list of top 10 treadmills to buy in India, in one place, all you need to do is check out the current treadmill price of each model available at different retailers and e-tailers. Once you have gone through treadmill brands and price, you’re just one step away from buying a treadmill for home use.
FAQs Related to Best Treadmills for Home Use in India 2020
To choose the best treadmill for home, the first step should be to set up your budget. Once that’s done, read the treadmill buying guides and conclude whether you want a manual treadmill or a motorized one.
Once you’ve made a selection of the machine you want to purchase, go through various treadmill reviews in India and jot down the names of all those that fit your requirements.
Now that you have the list prepared, review them one last time and you can make the purchase then.
Running on a treadmill rather than on ground tracks or roads isn’t much of a difference, it is only the wooden board underneath the belt which ads in the form of a shock absorber. The belt and the board reduces the impact on your knees.
Thus, we say, merely running on a treadmill isn’t bad for your knees in general, but depending on a person to a person, it may impact negatively. There are few other factors that lead to knee pain or tissue ruptures or knee damages. They are:
- Poor running skills
- Worn-out shoes or improper fitting shoes
- Running at a higher speed at the beginning itself
- Running too much since starting itself with the thought of achieving more
- Calf muscles in improper shape
- Flatfoot or a rigid foot
- Lack of intrinsic foot muscle strength
As per the manufacturer and retailers of the best treadmill brands in India, a good machine should last for about 7-12 years. On average, it runs smoothly for 10 years if proper care is being taken.
If you keep working on its maintenance regularly, your treadmill will stay longer, but if you neglect on its care, even the best treadmill will die young.
The best-motorized treadmill brands in India should have horsepower according to the exercise.
- For Walking: Look for a motorized treadmill with a 2.0 HP
- For Running: Go for a 3.0 HP continuous duty or higher motor
You should also note that the weight of a person also matters when checking the HP, adding an extra 0.5 HP for a person over 90 KG.
We understand you want to know how much effort you need to put in the machine's maintenance you’re bringing home. Lubricating the treadmill belt from time to time is something you should never skip to keep it up and running smoothly.
A lubricant is used to keep a treadmill’s deck (i.e. the bed that comprises layers of laminated wood coated by the lubricant) away from friction. This keeps the motor of the treadmill healthy, as it reduces strain on it.
Without lubrication, even the best-motorized treadmill for a home will lead to stress on the motor and it’ll start overworking. This, as a result, will lead to expensive repairs.
A treadmill is said to be the best buddy for a person who wants to lose weight but at their comfort of being at home. Thus, at times, we dedicate only a few minutes to our training and do not feel any results showing up.
It is said that spending about half an hour or 30 minutes will not produce or give you any significant results in the form of weight loss. What you need to do to lose weight is to hit on the treadmill regularly for a longer time duration or a little harder run-up, along with a calorie-controlled or calorie deficit diet.
With the above setup included in your routine, you can expect about 4-5 KG being reduced in a month (if you do not have a cheat day included in your plan).
A treadmill is said to use anywhere between 600-700 watts of power. Consumption of power is an important thing to think about even with the best treadmill brands for home use in India 2020.
Tests on the best brands of the motorized treadmill for the home, show that on an average, based on the type of exercise you do, energy used by the machine ranges from 280 to 930 watts.
A lower level of electricity is consumed when you opt for a walk function with an average speed of 3.5 miles per hour and higher electricity is used when you go for a running function.